Ink, Watercolour and acrylic on 50% cotton paper, 31 x 23 cm
Villa Godi is one of the first projects by Andrea Palladio, as attested
in his monograph Four Books of Architecture. The client and owner of the
property was Gerolamo Godi, who had it built for his son Antonio. The
work was completed in 1542. The central staircase was the main access
leading to the noble floors and was restricted to the central arch of
the loggia, looks like a medieval drawbridge able to control all the
entrances to the family's private rooms.